4. Consider the following statements: 
1. The highest criminal court of the district is the Court of District and Session Judge
2. The District Judge are appointed by the Governor in consultation with the High Courts
3. A person to be eligible for appointment as a District Judge should be an advocate or a pleader of seven years’standing or more, or an officer injudicial service of the Union or the State judiciary
4. When the Sessions Judge awards death sentence, it must be confirmed by the High Court before it is carried out
Which of the statements given above are correct?